NEON-13 is a device designed to monitor the position of the vehicle as well as values of some parameters of the vehicle or the status of various sensors in the car. Device supports 2 SIM CARDS SIMULTANEOUSLY. Basically, the device is build on a micro controller with 32-bit Cortex M3 architecture that is responsible for collecting signal values from different sensors in the vehicle, processing and sending to GSM / GPRS module.
Signals are collected via the analogue and digital inputs which are located on the main connector device. In addition, information can be collected with an additional device in the vehicle (such as a taximeter) via the RS-232 bus or RS-485 bus (option by default it comes with RS232 communication). NEON13 supports communication with sensors with the One Wire bus that allows the connection of one or more temperature sensors and I-button identifier.
Optionally can be used an accelerometer that has a place on the printed circuit board and soldered in cases when you need detailed information about sudden changes in vehicle speed. In this case, two digital inputs and one digital output is not used (default is without this option).
In addition, the device has an option to connect to the CAN bus magistrale of vehicles to gather different data that can be reached through this connection (the default is without this option).
Position information micro controller accepts from uBlox’s NEO-7 module that supports both GLONASS and GPS systems. To send the collected information to a remote server is responsible uBlox’s GSM / GPRS module LEON G100.
The device can hold two SIM cards, which allows him to have two local area networks (eg, in two different states) to reduce the need for roaming, thereby reducing data traffic rate. It is possible to simultaneously use the card, or in the event that a SIM card is within range and the other is, the traffic will be carried out over the other.
To record the data collected can be used micro SD card that lets you capture and store large amounts of data collected.
On the main connector and there are four digital outputs that can be used to turn on and off certain devices in the vehicle.
The power supply is provided with the installation in the vehicle voltage of 12V or 24V DC. The device may have a battery that provides him with the autonomy of a certain time (which depends on the mode) in the absence of principal power supply. If this option is not needed device can operate without a battery.
On the front panel there are 4 connectors:
– 18-pin connector used for analogue and digital inputs, digital outputs and CAN bus lines
– RJ-22 connector for RS-232 (or RS-485) communications
– RJ-22 connector for One Wire bus
– USB connector that lets you connect the device to the computer when setting parameters.
Inputs and outputs:
– 6 digital inputs
– 3 analogue inputs
– Login suited for engine RPM
– 4 digital outputs
– RS-232 port (or RS-485 – optional)
– USB port
– One wire interface
– CAN bus interface (optional)
Brief description of the functional
– The product answers given period of time (the time it takes a GPS / GLONASS module)
– For a given change in direction
– Once the vehicle exceeds set distance
– Upon request by SMS, by sending specific commands
After the entry / exit of a given geo zones, activation / deactivation of the ignition switch, over-speeding, the voltage drop of the battery and charger, excess speed, exceeding the alarm threshold analogue inputs, activation / deactivation of certain inputs / outputs.
Dimensions of communication device and the server is variable and can be adjusted from the control, PC applications.
The device parameters are set via the PC application, or remotely via SMS by pre-arranged protocol. The parameters to be set are:
– Address and port of the main and auxiliary server
– APN, user name and password for the main and sub SIM card, and that you can only use one or both of the SIM card.
– For the primary SIM card should be set at the local network.
– Pin codes for SIM card and phone numbers of the SMS centers.
– Reporting period, changes in the distance, change direction, define the coordinates of geo zones and their diameters.
– Reporting period is set separately for each mode, especially for the home network and for roaming.
– Maximum speed and maximum allowable speed
– Vehicle Identification
– Way of measuring the level of fuel and limit the full and empty tank
– The number of pulses for 1000 engine RPM for a given vehicle
– Periods of transition from one regime to another.
– The purpose of inputs and outputs, and possibly their IDs in sequence
– Thresholds for alarms for analogue inputs.
– The telephone numbers for sending SMS alerts
– Method of entry into the SD card (will be send data and then deleted or enrolment will begin from the beginning when the card is full)
– Optional vehicle license plate
The device measures the engine speed in accordance with the given threshold exceeded notification is sent.
Remote firmware changes will take place over a TCP/IP or via FTP. There are two possible ways. If the device via the TCP protocol can periodically check whether the server has a new version of the firmware or it can send SMS command to start updating the firmware. If it is via FTP then must send an SMS to start a firmware update.
If the device works with two SIM cards, in case it is lost on the primary network card, you should check whether the secondary SIM card can be registered to one of the roaming network. During operation, the roaming device constantly checks the range and has a domestic network. In case you find a home network the extra card will be disconnected and restores the main SIM card and module tries to register to the home network.
Every time device get a new location from GPS / GLONASS module, it should check whether it is long time enough to answer. It need to calculate the distance to the current position from the last one, to check whether a given point is inside or outside a region (if there is a change from the previous position). Checks whether the direction of movement changed over the set from the previous report.
AD converter value is read every 100ms and in accordance with the set maximum and minimum values of the alarm is sent.
Fuel level in the tank will be able to be measured in several ways. One way is to read voltage values on the float tank several times per second and its averaging. It will be possible to connect an external probe to measure the fuel level. This probe will be connected via RS232 or RS485 bus, or the analogue input to measure fuel. Another way is to read the CAN bus. The firmware still leave some possibility for measuring fuel since this is the most feature tracking device.
Communication over the serial port is set configurable how is it possible that the device can easily be connected to other devices as many different purposes. One of the additional devices could be the meter.